Saturday, December 09, 2006

Fight the BNP

This is copied and pasted from Parburypolitica (shotrly getting a link in my links bar), who himself got it form LabourHome:

I have just been shocked to discover that the BNP have six seats on Epping Foresst District Council and they have a candidate in an upcoming by election. If your around on Sunday check this out.

Grange Hill ward by-election

Epping Forest and Redbridge Together Group invites all anti-fascists to join us to defeat the British National Party in the Grange Hill ward by-election on 14 December.

Meet at 10.30am on Sunday 10 December outside Grange Hill station, Manor Road, Chigwell. Grange Hill station is on the Woodford-Hainault section of the Central Line loop. We shall give out a specially written leaflet to all homes on the Limes Farm Estate, which is where the BNP hope to gain votes.

The BNP hold six seats on Epping Forest District Council. We are determined to turn the tide against them at this by-election. Please pass on details of this activity to everyone you know, in your trade union, workplace, faith group and any other organisation you are a member of. It takes just a few minutes to phone or email a friend or colleague to get them to come over and spend a couple of hours with us.

Numbers are important to get the job done and to ensure the security of those taking part. Please check www.stopthebnp.com regularly for any updates and for future anti-BNP activities.
Remember we stand for Hope not Hate. See you there. Epping and Redbridge Together group PO Box 1576, Ilford IG5 0NG.


I hope to be there, but I'm doing something else later in the day, so I've got to see whether I can get to that in time and how long I can give. Hope to see some of you there.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Parbury said...

Alas I shall be at the other end of the country having kittens about finishing my research methods essay due in on Monday on time.

But it is always good to plug anti BNP stuff. It would be good if Labour bloggers were a bit more orgainised about it as on our own we're not going to reach to many people but collectively we can have some impact.

Also as your giving me a link you can have one as well. In fact any Labour blogger who links to my site can have a link as well. Though having a nice blog and being a charming young lady don't hurt either.

12/09/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

aww, fanks. [blushes] ;)

And I was going to comment on your "gumption" regarding the 300 photos you took for your campaign (re the post about the LibDem candidate on your blog).

Think the idea of organising better would be good - I know I get a regular amount of people coming to my blog via my facebook account, rather than blogger4labour, and I'm gessing others have readers who don't read many of the blogs they link to. I'll post something about it shortly, and see if we can't get something sorted.

12/09/2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home