Friday, December 08, 2006

John McDonnell Speaks On Scrybe.....

no kidding, I merited a "just in response to scrybe" post by the leadership candidate on his blog. howzat for a newcomer??? (I'm still smarting from having realised I wont win best newcomer in the Bloggers4Labour poll, j/p).

and here it is, in all its finery:

John McDonnell said...
Just in response to Scrybe

No there was no coach service offered but I tried elsewhere just in case and the time of arrival would have been about 10pm after the planned meeting. As for the first class jibe, I met Bill Cash on the platform. I haven't travelled First Class in my life and don't intend to start now.

By the way when they asked Harry Perkins in "A Very British Coup" whether he was going to abolish First Class he replied "No, I am going to abolish Second Class."

5:33 PM

link to original post by him on his site and the following comments: http://www.john4leader.org.uk/2006/12/birmingham-meeting-cancelled-because.html

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In answer to your follow up question to him, I think McDonnell would agree with you on alienation. He has said he was influenced by the humanist New Left, and has described the hardcore materialist Althusser-who rejected the views of the Young Marx as immature-as being 'a complete headcase.'

12/09/2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

if he answers, perhaps we shall find out? I have read a little of Althusser, you know. you've gone down in my estimation or thinking I wouldn't be familiar with him, lol.

12/09/2006 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, my description of Althusser was more for the benefit of random readers of this blog.

I doubt McDonnell, 'one of the hardest working MPs in parliament' (Daily Mirror)and a Labour leadership contender will have much time to engage in discussion with you about Marxist theory! Though I could be wrong...

12/10/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

I guess not, judging by his lack of comments thus far. I personally think a discussion about Marxist theory (although not necessarily exclusively with me) would be very good for the party. ;)

12/10/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home