Saturday, November 18, 2006

BNP stuff and Civil Liberties Stuff.

I'll start with the latter. Tom Watson has started a petition asking for the DFES to issue guidelines on the use of biometrics in schools, since none currently exist. I'll refrain from commenting on MPs who refuse to sign EDMs yet will happily start and/or sign other petitions, partly because I don't know if Tom falls into this category (he does according to TheyWrkForYou) and partly because I think the cause is more important. I also find the petitions development an interesting one - I'm going to write on this later. I wanted to start one myself, but then realised how difficult it would be to state what the petitoin was about. I don't like the idea of people starting petitions calling for PR but not mentioning which form of PR they favour, and want a petition asking for a clear investigation and, in the case of a referendum, something more substantive than a simple yes/no choice for PR.

Secondly, I want to remind you all about this:

Anti-BNP Day of Action
Barking & Dagenham
Saturday 18 November
10.30am

Labour Hall, Tenterden Road (corner of Green Lane), Dagenham

The BNP is making Barking & Dagenham its national priority. As a result, the local Labour Party and Barking & Dagenham Together are holding the first of a series of Days of Action to take the fight against the extremists into the community.

We urge everyone to spare a couple of hours to come and help defeat the BNP in East London

And, owing to tiredness and the time I am posting, my apologies to The Pamphleteer for shamelessly copying and pasting of tht information from his/her site. But I reiterate everything that it says. We really need your help.

The Day of Action is going on all day, so if you can't make 10.30am, please do come along later in the day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to apologise. I myself copied it from the Stop the BNP site.

Did you make it along? I did my bit for an hour and a half in the morning.

11/22/2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

I was unfortunately in a temporary state of near death. However, I am repenting for my sins by campaigning this Saturday and the following week. Would you be interested?

11/23/2006 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I'm in Brussels next weekend and I've got friends staying this.

Is it the BNP conference in Brighton you're going to? To protest, obviously, in case anyone reading gets the wrong idea.

11/24/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home