Sunday, November 12, 2006

Facebook Calls Labour Contest!

Okay, a few days ago I posted on "Facebook calling the recent U.S. elections." And following a conversation with a friend who was considering backing Cruddas for the Labour Deputy post, I changed my "status" on facebook to "I am supporting JON CRUDDAS FOR LABOUR DEPUTY." Within a couple of hours, another friend, Jack, invited me to join his group "Jon Cruddas for Deputy!" This got me thinking, and having now researched the facebook groups, my findings on the Labour Leadership and Deupty Leadership contests can be found below. Unfortunately, the groups do not have informatioin on when they were founded, which makes the membership numbers difficult to assess (I know the Cruddas one was only started yesterday, while others have been around longer). I'll try to keep this updated as the contest progresses.



The Labour Leadership/Deputy Leadership race as of 5.25pm, Sunday 12th November, 2006:
(Format= Group: Membership numbers)

Hazel Blears for Deputy: 14 members
Alan Johnson for Deputy: 32 members
Jon Cruddas for Deputy: 9 members

Brown for Prime Minister: 78 members
Labour needs a REAL contest for leader: 48 members
I'm voting Labour in 2007: 85 members

McDonnell, Hain, Harman, Reid, and everyone else has evdiently failed to galvanise the youth vote, since they have no support groups. Though perhaps with this lack of support, they are the potential candidates who would most benefit from a support group. In every sense of the term.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I have a jon4deputy group too. join it. maybe I can amalgamate it with another.

11/13/2006 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my cruddas one is about 2 weeks old, but not much success in getting people to join.

The reason AJ has so many is that they're all labour students, and he did their weekend.

11/13/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

can u post a link for it here? just did a search but cant find it.

11/13/2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home