Sunday, November 26, 2006

Scrybe's London Diaries White Paper

I've been doing this blog and updating regularly (several times a day on most days, in fact), and I've been thinking (mainly looking for distraction from the boring White Paper I am currently reading) about what I like on this blog and what I need to do to develop it. So, without further ado, I bring you....Scrybe's London Diaries White Paper.

(1) Continuation of stuff already done.

1.1 I'll keep updating the Facebook support for the deputy and leadership candidates, with occasional reference to other political trivia (how many people think Cameron's lies make baby Jesus cry, for example). I'm also going to try to tie this in with other commentary on the topic, like the recent post on a poll condcted by a fellow blogger. If you have any info of relevance, email scrybe_84@hotmail.co.uk and I'll try to post about it. If Bloggers4Labour can do that graph widget thing, that would be super-kewl, so get at me about it.

1.2 I'll continue with the occasional inanity, of course.

1.3 I'll try to actually have (2)'s for the posts with (1) after them. Lol. I usually do this, but I've noticed that my Reasons for Keeping the Lords has not been updated since the Queen's Speech despite me having much to say about this.

1.4 I have been encouraging suggestions/contributions to the blog, and this will, of course, continue.

1.5 The "best comments on a blog" weekly prize will continue, so get at me with nominations, either in the comments section of any of my posts or by the email above. Its a shame I didn't start this earlier or get much in the way of nominations, since it might have been a nice addition to the Bloggers4Labour blog awards (I know a lot of bloggers are highly active and, often, very witty contributors to other blogs than their own).


(2) New Stuff

2.1 I'm going to introduce a new dimension to the site. Serious stuff. Don't worry, it wont happen too often, but I'm going to try to be sensible and vaguely on-point about something of political import on a weekly basis or so. Again, I really ought to have done this more already, seeing as I have a wealth of stuff to say.

2.2 I'm also going to do a brief profile of an MP/major current thinker every week or so. Again, contributions/suggestions very welcome. This is more for my own amusement/knowledge (its surprising how many MPs I don't recognise around Portcullis Greenhouse), but may be of interest to the general public. Or the weird variant thereof, formally known as bloggers.

2.3 I'd love a decent banner for the blog, but am without photoshop until I go oop nawf. So, if anyone wants to contribute one I should be very grateful. If not, you may see an aesthetic improvement to the site in the New Year.

2.4 In keeping with my emphasis on empowering local readers I aim to be responsive to the needs and views of said readers, so I shall endeavour to keep systematic intelligence on the aforementioned needs and views and will work with the central blogger authorities to develop methods by which this blog can respond effectively to give local readers choice in how the blog is run. Yes, this is a paraphrase of the garbage I'm reading.

2.5 There will be a small prize for anyone who can suss which White Paper I am currently trying not to read by the clues given in 2.4



Okay, that's it. For now.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scrybe, I have made a template for you, but I can't explain how to put it on here, if you are interested Email me at Emptyhandedpainter at gmail dot com :)

11/26/2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

sweet, thanx nightowl I'll email you now.


:)

11/26/2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, what prize? Not going well on Cruddy, but I think we're still 2nd. We seem to have hit a guitarist's plateau.

11/27/2006 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6151798.stm]Local Government Bill[/url] by any chance?

11/27/2006 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, HTML doesn't work like I thought of it, but just C&P the link :-)

11/27/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

and we have a winner! you get...um....err.....Hamer Shawcross. For life. Once I've okayed it with him, that is.

I'm on page 78. Of 173. Of Volume 1. In a 3 volume paper. Where are you up to?

;)

11/27/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

alternatively, you can have the latest r.kelly cd, given the proponent of the paper.

11/27/2006 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd prefer Hamer.. he wouldn't have to do anything, just acknowledge that he belongs to me :) Considering he is actually a pseudonym (I think.. like Captain Ludd of the Luddites?) it won't matter too much :D

11/27/2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

ya got it. now, jst let me inform hamer.......

11/28/2006 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home