Monday, December 11, 2006

One of Those Days...

Today was one of those days were I thought I had achieved a lot until I assessed what tangible things had happened, and then I realised that I hadn't actually achieved all that much. I bloody hate those days.

I woke up with a horrible back spasm and after quaffing plenty ibuprofen, applying heat patches and contacting work, I went to sleep in the hope of waking up later feeling better. I did, mildly. Until I checked my emails and found 50 of the suckers waiting for me. Cue two hours spent answering emails of importance, then realising the buggers had replied, then spending another half hour replying to those. I wouldn't mind this at all, except that most were of the contact-introducing and arranging-future-events variety, so it was mostly admin. I hate admin. With a passion.

Then I visited the sites of Bob Piper and Ministry of Truth to catch up with the so-called "storm" they have been in over the weekend. I posted a few sensible things.

Then I phoned a bunch of people on,ly to find out that they were no longer the people I had to speak to. Cue failed attempts to get contacts for people I should be speaking to. Cue lots of cursing every time I hung up.

Then I sent a few emails which did actually progress some of the projects I am working on.

All in all, a pretty pointless day, then. And all of this pointlessness precluded me posting anything of worth on here.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Modern Conservative said...

Inspite of the you not agreeing with me I am so thrilled to get any comments at all on my blog I thought I'd visit yours say hi and thanks!

Hope your feeling better, and achieve more tommorrow :-)

12/11/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Scrybe said...

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. But I try to post objectively, and I'm far from being a herd follower, so you might find me in agreement with you on some future blog posts of yours. Thanks for checking my site!

12/11/2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home